Shipping and Handling
- The Butterworth Gallery will post prints as a special delivery by royal mail.
- Larger items and original paintings delivery will be discussed by telephone or email.
- We will process your order immediately, however some giclees are printed to order. We aim to post all orders in 2-3 working days and you should normally receive your order within 10 business days.
- International orders are generally received in under 21 days.
You must inform us within two working days if the goods are lost or damaged in transit so that we can make a prompt claim against the delivery company and correct the problem.
- Please quote your order number in all correspondence.
- You agree that proof of delivery supplied by our delivery company is sufficient evidence to establish that goods have been received.
- Back Orders If your item is not in stock, we will back order for you. You will always be emailed with the option to cancel your order if you would rather not wait.
- The Butterworth Gallery charges VAT at 20% to all UK customers.
- Prices shown are inclusive of VAT
- For international customers UK VAT will be removed at checkout once a valid international shipping address is entered.
- International postage of items may be subject to customs processing and additional charges which are the responsibility of the customer.
You are entitled to cancel your order and return the goods within 14 working days of delivery for a full refund, this excludes the cost of original delivery. Do this by contacting us by email or telephone and quoting the order number supplied to you. Your refund will be paid within 30 days of us having received the goods in undamaged condition. You are responsible for the cost and risk of loss or damage when returning the goods, so you should take out enough postal insurance to cover their value. This cancellation policy does not affect your rights when we are at fault - for example, if goods are faulty or misdescribed. Any goods returned, must be in saleable condition. These terms apply to your order. We may change our terms and conditions at any time, so please do not assume that the same terms will apply in the future. None of these terms affect your legal rights and these are not diminished in any way. If any term is held to be invalid under any applicable statute or rule of law, that term is automatically omitted from the terms to minimum extent necessary to comply with the law and without affecting the validity or enforceability of the remainder.
To complete your return, we require a receipt or proof of purchase.
To return your product, you should mail your product to: The Butterworth Gallery, Ballogie, Aboyne, Aberdeenshire, AB34 5DP.
- You will be responsible for paying for your own shipping costs for returning your item.
- Depending on where you live, the time it may take for your exchanged product to reach you, may vary.
- If you are shipping an item over £50, you should consider using a trackable shipping service or purchasing shipping insurance. We don’t guarantee that we will receive your returned item.
- There are certain situations where only partial refunds are granted.
- Any item not in its original condition, or that is damaged for reasons not due to our error will not be refunded.
Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned item. We will also notify you of the approval or rejection of your refund. If you are approved, then your refund will be processed, and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment, within a certain amount of days.
Late or missing refunds
If you haven’t received a refund yet, first check your bank account or contact your credit card company, it may take some time before your refund is officially processed. If you’ve done all of this and you still have not received your refund, please contact us at email@example.com.
Only regular priced items may be refunded, unfortunately sale items cannot be refunded.
We only replace items if they are defective or damaged. If you need to exchange it for the same item, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
If the item was marked as a gift when purchased and shipped directly to you, you’ll receive a gift credit for the value of your return. Once the returned item is received, a gift certificate will be mailed to you. If the item wasn’t marked as a gift when purchased, or the gift giver had the order shipped to themselves to give to you later, we will send a refund to the gift giver and he will find out about your return.